SMS is fast and efficient. Text messaging does not need any specific app or data coverage to send and receive. Today, it plays an important part in omnichannel campaigns. This is especially true in a world where using the customer’s channel of choice is more important than ever before.
Two-way SMS unlocks a whole new conversation channel for your engagement campaigns. It enables you to tap into and reach new community members and keep them informed on your updates.
- According to research, SMS open rates are as high as 98%, compared to just 20% of all emails.
- On average, it takes 90 seconds for someone to respond to a text and 90 minutes to respond to an email.
- 70% of customers say that SMS is an attention-grabber.
Introducing erxes two-way SMS feature! It allows you to carry on a conversation by both sending and receiving instant text messages. Integrating SMS in your erxes account is powerful in a variety of different use cases. This can enable a contact center agent to engage in an SMS-based chat with a customer, or let customers re-schedule appointments via text. Also, it is only the beginning of many future options to optimize your growth marketing.
Before you start texting away, you need to enable the SMS marketing feature by going to your Settings / Org Settings / Manage Plan. Start off by purchasing 500 SMS for only $20/month. To enable the text messaging feature you will need to:
- Claim a phone number by going to your Settings / System Config
- Create an SMS integration in the App Store
Since this is the very first version of our SMS feature, it is only available for domestic texting for US phone numbers. Customers in Australia, Canada, and the UK will be able to purchase their numbers in mid-Oct.